Live streaming of plenary sessions
The Opening session, Keynote talks and panel will be broadcast via streaming from http://www.upv.es/endirecto/6G
The attendee’s kit
When arriving to the Nexus building, please go to the registration desk. On Sunday, it will be located at the second floor. From Monday to Wednesday, it will be at the ground floor during the plenary sessions, to go back to the second floor afterwards..
Upon identification, you will be given a bag containing diverse material, plus a pendrive containing the full program and the Conference Proceedings attached to a lanyard.
You will be able to request registration, attendance and presentation certificates (as PDF files) using the registration system after the end of the Conference.
Transportation in Valencia
There are three public transportation systems in the city of Valencia, namely bus, metro and Taxi. Also, Uber and Cabify operate in the city and metropolitan area. YOu can use “Colegio Mayor Galileo Galilei” as reference drop point. It’s located just near the Campus entry point (see below).
Both city bus and metro use contactless cards as payment system. Cards can be purchased at any metro station and are reusable. When you buy a card for the first time, you have to choose the type of titles you want to load into it:
- for bus: all buses can be accessed with the same card. The price of the trip is unique for all the bus network. You have all the information on lines and fares at the EMT customer information website.
- for metro: there are different fares depending on the trip you plan; the fares correspond to different zones (A, AB, …) that cover progressively ore distance from the city center. For the urban area, you can use the A fare. If you are staying out of the city, you should check which fare corresponds to your trips by checking at the metrovalencia network map.
- For bus and metro: there is a coordinated title that allows transferring from bus to metro and viceversa using a single ticket within a period of time. It is the “Bono Transbordo”. All the information about metro and coordinated titles can be found at the Metrovalencia customer information website.
The price of the card is not included in the price of the titles you choose. One card only accepts one type oftitle at once, but can be used by more than one person as long as there are unused trips in the card. Also, the same card can be reloaded with a title different from the one loaded before.
Getting to the Campus
The UPV campus is well connected to both the city center, the beach and the City of Arts and Sciences. Both city bus (EMT) and Metrovalencia lines have stops along the campus, as the campus interactive map shows. The closest stops to the conference venue are:
- Tarongers-Facultad de Económicas (from the city center, lines 93 and 98)
- Tarongers-Facultad de Derecho (from the city center and City of Arts & Sciences, line 40)
- Tarongers-Colegio Mayor (from the beach, line 93, and from El Cabañal, line 98)
- Tarongers (lines 4 and 6 in all directions)
Getting to the Nexus Building
The UPV Campus has many entry points labelled with capital letters. The closest gate to the Nexus building is Gate L.
IMPORTANT: The Campus is closed on Sunday. There will be a controlled access through Gate L. You will be requested by the security staff to identify yourself by showing your id card or passport at the Gate.
This is the path from gate L to the front door of the Nexus building:
From the other point of view:
On Sunday, the registration desk will be located at the second floor of the building. It will be moved to the ground floor on Monday.
Notes on the Social Program
We have prepared an exciting Social Program, with activities from Sunday to Wednesday evening:
The Welcoming Beers reception on Sunday
The traditional Welcoming Beers will take place in the Restaurant Contrapunto les Arts:
It is located at the ground level of the Opera House (The Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía):
Several bus lines stop in the neighbourhood (13, 15, 19,25, 40, 94, 95). No direct connection by metro.
The 1st ISCRAM Paella Workshop on Monday
The workshop will be held at the Castle of Benissanó, a small village at the west of Valencia.
There will be a bus service (see below)
The Conference Gala Dinner on Tuesday
The Gala Dinner will take place at the Veles e Vents building.
There will be a bus service (see below). The building is at walking distance from the beach area. There are several bus lines that stop in the area (19, 92, 95). Also, the metro line 8 stops very close to the building.
A guided tour to the historic centre of Valencia on Wednesday
For those staying in Valencia on Wednesday evening, we have prepared a guided tour through the old town. The tour will start at 18:00 at the meeting point P01 (see below).
Conference Bus services
We will provide a bus service for some of the activities of the Conference. With this aim, there will be three meeting points where buses will depart from/return to:
- Downtown meeting point (P01): Hotel Meliá Plaza (Plaza del Ayuntamiento, 4):
- City of Arts and Sciences meeting point (P02): El Corte Inglés Avenida de Francia (Pintor Maella, 37)
- Campus meeting point (P03): Gate L (see above)
Bus service to the Paella Workshop
- Departure: Monday 20, 18:00, from P03
- Return: Monday 20, around 21:30, to P01 and P02
Bus service for the visit to the UME headquarters
- Departure: Tuesday 21, 8:00, from P03
- Return: Tuesday 21, 10:30, to P03
Bus service to the Gala Dinner
- Departure: Tuesday 21, 19:00, from P01; Tuesday 21, 19:15, from P02
- Return: Tuesday 21, 22:30, to P01 and P02
Check here the weather expected for the conference week. Not that bad at the moment!